Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:53:26 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        frank@dynamical-systems.org
Subject:   Licensing question about GPL/LGPL binaries

Hi Folks,

we have a shiny new linux_base based on the Slackware distribution in
ports/104680. The only problem is with this, that Slackware people
distribute some binaries in ext2fs floppy images. We would like to avoid
using such, because that would need some kernel module trick in the port
and that is very difficult to handle. The question is that can we
extract and provide these binaries in a simple tar.gz file or is that
considered a GPL/LGPL violation? The sources are freely available on
slackware.com, but we are not sure doing so is legally correct. What do
you think about this?

Thanks in advance,
Gabor