Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:33:44 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8-Release disk3 and disk4

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:17:27 +1000
> From: Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
> Subject: Re: 4.8-Release disk3 and disk4

> On 2003-Apr-07 12:40:38 -0700, Jim Pazarena <paz@qcislands.net> wrote:
> >I've never read a posting which explains why the ftp site doesn't
> >have a full size disc 2 and is missing disk 3 & 4 for v5.0

> The simple explanation is that this is all the FreeBSD project itself
> creates.  The ports packages that filled up CD's 2, 3 and 4 are no
> longer part of the "official" FreeBSD -RELEASE image.

And how much of that will relate to the fact that it now runs
on iNTEL, Alpha, and PC98 architectures.  I remember when I had
NeXTStep we had quad-fat disks to support all architectures.
I can see this could cause ports problems as some have binary
pieces in them.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com