From:      Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strange NFS problem

Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

> Host A: FreeBSD 2.2.8 STABLE, NFS Server
> Host B: FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE, NFS Client
>
> Host A runs "mountd -n" and "nfsd" (4 childs).

...and so on.

Never mind. I found the problem (apart from the bogus "2" option in
/etc/fstab :-)

I didn't mount from the machines "A" record name, but from on of the
machines "CNAME"s. The FreeBSD 3.1 mount doesn't seem to like this.

-Walter

--
Dr. Walter Hafner                         Tel: 089/289-28187
WWW-Beauftragter, TU Muenchen           Email: hafner@in.tum.de