Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:16:35 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@sinbad.net>
To:        Joshua Lokken <jolok@myrealbox.com>, FreeBSD quest <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ASSISTANCE

On Friday 23 August 2002 12:12 pm, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> 8/23/2002 11:44:11 AM, Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there any particular reason the FBI doesn't chase these idiots down?
> > I'm really starting to get peeved by the tons of spam I/all of us get all
> > the (*#$ time.
> >
> >Marty
> >
> >At 05:13 PM 8/23/02 +0100, Frank Langa wrote:
> >>FROM: COL. FRANK LANGA.
> >>DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO.
> >>Tel No: Your country Intl. access code + 8821652098236
> >>email : franklanga@rediffmail.com
>
> Question:  Can anyone recommend a good method for spam avoidance, or
> recommend some online docs about the subject?  I've noticed some folks
> adding words or characters to their email addresses, with instructions for
> how to 'strip down' the address for responding.  How does that work,
> exactly?
>

> Thanks,

Check out SpamAssassin (in the ports) it works very well and isn't difficult
to set up.
      Beech Rintoul - SysAdmin - akbeech@sinbad.net
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Sinbad Network Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 3101 Penland Parkway #K-38
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99508-1957