Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:17:52 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any procmail experts here?

procmail will run every time.  perl will only run if there is a
Content-Disposition header.  This variant executes perl only if the
content-Disposition header is long

:0 hfw
* ^Content-disposition:.................................................................
| /usr/local/bin/perl -pe 's/^(Content-Disposition:.{80}).*/$1/i'

I didn't bother to count the dots I typed.  Set it to what you think is
appropriate.

Procmail's regexp has a construct \/ which puts anything  matched by the
regexp after that point into $MATCH.  This could be used to discard or
redirect the message without trying to make it safe.

If you're not using procmail for anything else, then you're probably
better to use perl only, or perhaps even sed.  Is it possible to have
sendmail keep the filter pipe open somehow?

Andrew