Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 07:52:34 -0500
From:      Jim Knoll <jknoll@indy.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SAMBA guest access

Hello,

I am trying to run SAMBA on a 4.2 RELEASE box.  I use the box as a cvs
server, and every night I tar up the cvs repository and use smbclient to
move the repository to an nt share that is automatically backed up.  I
would like to use sambe to allow the repository to backed up by the nt
backup server.

Guest access to the server does not seem to work.  I can access the
share by adding my nt password with smbpassword, but it setting guest
ok=yes does not allow any client not in the samba password database to
access the share.

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = CVSWKGP