Date:      Fri, 30 May 2008 11:56:14 -0400
From:      Gabriel Markley <gmarkley@greatbaysoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel integrated RAID for the SR2500ALLXR freebsd support

Hello,
I am a systems engineer for Great Bay Software we are looking to move
our servers over to freebsd.
I am having trouble finding any documentation on using freebsd with
Intel integrated RAID for the SR2500ALLXR.
I need to find out if there is a driver available?
And can I pull status of the raid from it? i.e. H.D. failure and any
other possible problems...
Other then look in the bios and or look at the front plane to see if a
drive has failed.

I am going to add the detailed specs that I was given below:
Active Mid-plane with SAS /SAS RAID Support
The active mid-plane is used to provide SAS / SAS RAID support. It has
integrated on to it an
Intel IOP80333 IO processor and an LSI* LSLSAS1068 3Gb/s SAS controller.
Together they
provide support for up to six SAS drives in this chassis. By default,
this mid-plane option
provides software RAID levels 0, 1, and 10 utilizing Intel® Embedded
RAID Technology II. With
the installation of optional RAID enablement devices, the mid-plane can
support hardware RAID
levels 0, 1, 5, 10, and 50. The mid-plane attaches to the hot-swap
backplane by two card edge
connectors which eliminates the need for any hard drive cables. The
following sub-sections
describe the board level SAS / SAS RAID functionality.
We use the RAID activation key with dedicated memory and battery backup
to provide HW RAID level 10

Any help would be great. Again thank you for taking the time to point me
in the right direction.

--
Gabriel Markley
Systems Engineer