Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:54:07 -0700
From:      "Richard D'Amours" <rdamours@telusplanet.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SSH and WU-FTPD 2.6.1 don't work after upgrade to Freebsd 4.1.1

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0B9E1.AC597D60

Mistake number one was running the upgrade from /stand/sysinstall.  The =
basic box works well including Apache, etc but SSH and WU-FTPD 2.6.1 =
stopped responding.

I can ftp into the box and get a prompt saying I'm connected on port 21 =
but am not provided with a password prompt or directory when connecting =
with an anonymous id.

SSH says I'm connected and asks for the login id but does not respond to =
the password.

It looks like the ports are there...but I'm baffled.  I've compared most =
everything in /etc to /etc/upgrade to see what has changed but nothing =
is obvious.  Everything worked well before the upgrade...any help would =
be appreciated.

Perhaps I could mail a case of beer to whomever can help out...

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0B9E1.AC597D60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mistake number one was running the =
upgrade from=20
/stand/sysinstall.&nbsp; The basic box works well including Apache, etc =
but SSH=20
and WU-FTPD 2.6.1 stopped responding.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can ftp into the box and get a prompt =
saying I'm=20
connected on port 21 but am not provided with a password prompt or =
directory=20
when connecting with an anonymous id.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SSH says I'm connected and asks for the =
login id=20
but does not respond to the password.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It looks like the ports are there...but =
I'm=20
baffled.&nbsp; I've compared most everything in /etc to /etc/upgrade to =
see what=20
has changed but nothing is obvious.&nbsp; Everything worked well before =
the=20
upgrade...any help would be appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perhaps I could mail a case of beer to =
whomever can=20
help out...</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0B9E1.AC597D60--