Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:23:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Josh Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   passive ftp not working with ipfw rulesets

I'm having a small amount of problems with getting passive ftp to work
with some ipfw rulesets that I've put in place.  The pertinent rulesets
are below.  I'd appreciate any advice, especially on where I should place
a check-state rule to minimize packet delay.  I'm still pretty new at
ipfw, so any pointers will be well-taken.  I am not subscribed to the
list, so please cc.

add pass all from ${ip} to any keep-state
add pass all from any 21 to ${ip} keep-state
add pass all from any 20 to ${ip} keep-state

Passive attempts at connections should be passed via the first rule,
shouldn't they?  Or am I
missing something else?  Thanks.
Josh Thomas