Date:      Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:10:03 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@dataix.net>
To:        Mohammed Farrag <eng.mufic@gmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Aurora Scheduler

On 06/05/2010 18:32, Mohammed Farrag wrote:
> Hi group,
>   I am working on developing a new freebsd kernel theme for embedded. I was
> searching for the best scheduler. I think the best one is Aurora Scheduler
> developed by NASA.
> I found that it can be included in the configuration file in the freebsd but
> the problem was  "Is it available for use by users"? the other one was where
> I can find its technique.
>  Good luck,
>   Mohammed Farrag

SCHED_ULE or SCHED_4BSD

Thats your two options with ULE being the default in recent 8.0+ systems.

Use ( sysctl kern.sched.name ) to determine which one you are using.

Unless I misunderstood the intention of your message I would say that
you are a bit confused about what the Aurora Scheduler is/means as
compared to what FreeBSD uses as sched_ule(4) or sched_4bsd(4).

Regards,

--

 jhell