Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:22:31 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yanking Sendmail need something easier to understand

>The Postfix port and package did not install correctly on my freebsd

compiling from source has never failed for me, on FreeBSD or Linux.

Use the latest "experimental" snapshot, they´ve always held up perfectly
for me in very heavy production.

>and it looks like there isn't really that much documentation for it from
>the Postfix web site.

There´s tons of doc on the web site, plus the man pages, and there is one
Postfix book just out, with an O´Reilly book in the works, and a very
helpful mailing list, including the developer´s participation daily.

The single postfix config file, complemented by mostly excellent "sane"
defaults, is easy for newbies.

The contributed pflogsumm log summarizer is an excellent tool for anyone to
stay on top of what´s happening with postfix.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways