Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:40:13 -0700
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'Mike Ruhl'" <mruhl@network-alchemy.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: randomness

In my experience things like that (if not being caused by some type of
corrupt software) are usually caused by failing CPU's or memory.

Have you made any changes to either your kernel or the other pieces of
software that are being affected?

One good way to check your memory might be to try compiling a kernel, if you
get errors doing that (especially like signal 11-SIGSEV) than you probably
have a memory issue.  Try swappin sticks around to isolate the bad DIMM or
swap in new memory.

Gene Dinkey

TCD - PA-RISC based workstations