Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sri Ramkrishna <sri@aracnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with routing using PPP

I'm using IIJPP to connect to my ISP, but I'm having a lot of problems
with routing.  I've looked through the handbook,FAQ, and the mailing list
archives but it seems like most of the solutions given doesn't seem to
work.

The symptoms are:
	o cannot ping the IP address assigned to me
	o cannot ping remote IP address.

Looking through the PPP logs, I see a lot of reset packets being sent to
the ISP.  Here is a short excerpt:

CCP: Send ResetAck
CCP: Received Reset Request  (11) State = Opend (9)
CCP: RecvResetReq
CCP  SendResetAck

This keeps repeating itself with the state (9) increasing in number till
finally I had to shut the link down.

There is definitely a routing problem but I can't seem to trace it.
netstat -ir hangs or returns a value after a very long time.  Can anybody
help me?  Here is my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup files:

ppp.conf:

default:
  set debug lcp  phase chat lqm
  set device /dev/cuaa1
  set speed 38400
  disable lqr
  deny lqr
  set dial "ABORT BUSY NO\\sCarrier TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT

aracnet: <-- my ISP
  set phone 626-6873
  set login TIMEOUT 5 login:-\\r-login: <login> word: <pass>
  deny chap
  accept pap
  set openmode active
  add 255.255.255.194 204.188.47.1 <-- this is my Nameserver IP

my ppp.linkup:

delete 0 0
add 0 0 HISADDR

aracnet:
  delete 0 0
  add 0 0 HISADDR

MYADDR:
  delete 0 0
  add 0 0 HISADDR

-----[end of files]----

Can anybody point me in the right direction?  The solutions presented in
the archives does not seem to be working.  Thanks!!

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/