Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:03:58 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'hans@blender.nl'" <hans@blender.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ports/java/jdk14 ?

Dear Hans,

> Why is there no native jdk14 port (1.4.0-beta3 for now) ?
> (while jdk14-doc does exist)

The java porting team is currently working their pretty little behinds off
to get 1.3.1 and 1.2.2 ported. I doubt they have time to start on 1.4
anytime soon.

> I ask this because the linux-jdk14 port does not run the J2MEWTK phone
> emulators correctly (its window is some 3 by 3 pixels ;-)

Might also be a window manager issue. Try with a different window manager
perhaps? Twm springs to mind. That's the most minimal window manager I can
think of.

    Kees Jan