| raw e-mail | index | archive | help

        I have a freebsd 4.2-stable (just cvsupped) and I encountered a
problem here.

        I had a user which's home directory was set to a different hard
drive and directory, and it worked fine in 4.1-release.
        Now it complains that it cannot stat the .login_conf in the new
homedirectory.
        The complaint comes from _secure_path. I've not been able to find
any clues how to disable that. If I login with the user thats homedir is
moved, it says no home, logging in with "/". The users homedir is made with
adduser, and it creates the user/homedir successfully and the user has
proper access to the dir/hd.

        My primary disk is at /dev/wd0, and the one I'm trying to use as
home is /dev/wd1s1

        Any ideas?
        /etc/login.conf does not provide help. requirehome=false doesnt seem
to have any effect (ran cap_mkdb of course).

                                   ~/A