Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:43:34 -0500
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading to XFree86 4.0.2 via the Ports

Hi folks,

I think I'm going to give the new XFree86 a shot... and so, I'm going to
install it from the ports collection, but, what should I do to prepare
for the install? Should I uninstall the previous version of X by
pkg_delete ? Will this mess up my existing X programs such as GNOME etc
etc?

Basically, I suppose I'm inquiring as to how easy this install is going
to be... seemless transition, and so on ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Erik.