Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:48:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, dnelson@emsphone.com
Cc:        ambrisko@whistle.com, dhw@whistle.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/8183

>Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:13:39 -0800 (PST)
>From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>

>    ok, I've comitted a change to remove the signal mask prior to calling
>    exec.  I'd appreciate it if Whistle could test it.  I'm not sure this
>    is causing the problem, but it is the only thing I can think of.

Preliminary results are encouraging:  the "amcheck" does not fail (so
far).

Please note that before the inetd change of a few days ago, it took a
few days for the symptoms to recur on the machine in question.  Thus, we
do not yet know if the problem is solved.

We do know that the issue of unblocking the signals for inted seems to
have taken care of the immediate symptoms, which is Definitely Good.

[Matt, you may recall that breaking things is one of my specialties....]

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621