Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:02:43 +0200 (MEST)
From:      "Ralf Wildenhues" <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Libtool and deprecated objformat

[ resend to evade filtering; sorry ]

Hi there,

I noticed that objformat is deprecated in FreeBSD and might not be
present in the next major version.  Now, Libtool uses it, I'd guess
for rather historic purposes, but I'd like confirmation that it's
safe to assume ELF object format for FreeBSD versions starting from 4.

FYI, this is the proposed patch against Libtool:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2005-08/msg00073.html

(Is this the adequate mailing list to ask this, BTW?)

Thanks!  Please Cc: me on replies,
Ralf