Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:09:11 +0800
From:      "Antony M Rasat" <anton@kaltengpos.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Locked out remotely

The very reason why only administrator/wheel account is allowed to
reboot or physically shutdown machines is because most likely they have
physical access to those machines. If something went wrong - for
example, booting script gone berserk - they can use single-user mode to
fix it. Meaning, that machine's physical console.

So, for your dillema, I guess you need to ask that beast' admins to let
you in again.

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
PT. Kalteng Pos Press
Palangkaraya - Indonesia.-

Hello list. I have a regular user account on a remote