Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:16:06 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lets Endorse KDE Was: some slashdot thread

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 12:16:16AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>  3) It must allow binding the usual window operations (delete, kill,
>     maximize, iconify, horizontal / vertical zoom) to keys

And my $0.02 or less:  These key bindings must support the Hyper
and Super X11 modifiers.  I make one of my Windows keys a "Hyper"
and bind all of my WM functions to Hyper-combinations, leaving
applications free to use the more normal modifiers.

Even if a WM supports all of the modifiers, it's not always
obvious how to specify that you want to use them.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * UNIX is a lever for the intellect. -J.R. Mashey
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.