Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 23:43:35 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   MFS gone...

MFS is gone now except from the newfs(8) manpage.

If anybody better at mdoc than me would take on the surgical
task of censoring that page I would be most happy.

The command name "mount_mfs" is now available for use for other
purposes like a md(4) based facility, I'm not happy about "stealing"
a name from the mount_*(8) api for doing something which isn't
really that.

The opposite argument could be made successfully though, that by
stealing the name we allow people to write something sensible in
their /etc/fstab and then later when we get a _real_ memory
filesystem, they will not have to fiddle it again.

As usual I revert to the safety of "whoever writes the code make
decisions as well..."