Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:10:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Karpen <slk@acm.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I disable Tagged Command Queue on a particular device?

I've just installed 3.0-RELEASE (my first FreeBSD install, though I've
been using SunOS, Solaris, Linux, and other Unix for several years).

FreeBSD is on part of a Quantum Fireball ST, which is connected via
a Buslogic BT-958 SCSI HBA. I know this drive has firmware bugs that
make it unstable (command timeouts under Linux, CCB timeouts under
FreeBSD) when run with a queue depth of larger than 7.

Under Linux I add BusLogic=QD:[10,7] to the kernel command line.
This limits the Queue depth of the fireball (target 1) to 7. I
have yet to find a similar setting/command in FreeBSD.

So, how do I do at least one of:
disable tagged command queue globally
disable tagged command queue for that drive
limit queue depth to 7

I would greatly appreciate an answer, as I would like to give FreeBSD
a real try, but I can't with SCSI timeouts under any sustained heavy write
activity.

--
Simon Karpen	karpes@rpi.edu		slk@acm.rpi.edu
#include <std_disclaimer.h>	I don't speak for RPI in any way.