Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:24:09 +0000 ()
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com (Marty Leisner)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ext2fs/linux compatibility in kernel?

> I'm running the 960115 kernel...
>
> I noticed ext2fs and linux compatibility...
>
> What is there to read about this...?

Nothing about ext2fs.  I have neglected to write anything other
than copying a broken manpage that someone cleaned up.  We
do not have ext2fsck yet either.  It WILL get in there certainly
well before release.  I have decided to wait until we can grab the
newest stuff from Linux.  The fsck should port with only a few probs.

> Also some configuration options hav
> STRING
> and
> "STRING"
>
> Is there a method to the madness?

Yep, tokens with things like digits and "_" need to be quoted.

> Is there any type of "master file" which explains this?

Look at the LINT configuration.  It has most of the usable
options.

John
dyson@freebsd.org