Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:05:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        bischoff@rickjr.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lockups

Rick Bischoff wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>   I am running a dual AMD Tyan S2462 Thunder K7 motherboard with
>    dual AMD 1700 XP+ (the 1.4 GHz version) with 512 MB ECC RAM, and

[Rest deleted]

Hi Rick,

the problem _can_ be the dual XP+ processors. AMD tells everyone to use only MP
processors in dual boards.

There are no known problems with the XP+ processors from people who tried it -
maybe you are the first. Anyway: What are you doing is not recommended by the
manufactor.

Hint: If you have so much money to buy this machine perhaps try some Athlon MP
too - just to prove it is the processor.

Just my 0.02 DEM

Marc