Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:07:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cant' get apsfilter to print color

Bill:

Thanks for your reply:

> _which_ driver is the "correct" one?
> Any time I've had trouble printing in color it was because I was using a
> ghostscript driver that didn't support color. That's probably the first
> place to start checking. Make sure that the ghostscript driving you're
> using supports color, otherwise, it won't work.

The "correct" driver *was* the one ('hpdj') that the installation script
listed for my HP DeskJet 670C. I since found that there is an even better
match in a ghostscript driver 'hpdj670c'. The 'C' in 670C is for color.

Unfortunately, it gives the same color as grayscale output as the 'hpdj'
driver. Perhaps it was naive of me to assume that a driver with a name
ending in 'c' would support color.

Meanwhile I can take a closer look at the driver doucmentation.

Thanks again.