Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:32:08 -0400
From:      mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        jogegabsd <jogegabsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [2nd Time] XFree86, Resolution and Modelines

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:08:19AM -0500, jogegabsd wrote:
> Sorry to send my message for the second time but I have not recieve any
> answer, in the case it did not reach the list here it is again.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Gerardo Amaya

It's in your hardware manual. If you don't have it, you'll have
to search at one of the online monitor databases in hopes that
your LCD is there. Don't just guess, unless a smoking, possibly
flaming monitor is what you're into. (Though I've never seen
an LCD burn out. Don't take that to mean 'it can't happen,' though.)

> > XFree86 -configure generate me a config file which I can only reach to
> > 1024x768 resolution and I need to have a higher one, Does
> > ModeLine will help
> > me to address
> > the problem?
> >
> > if not what should I do to increase the resolution?

Section "Screen" is where this is set up in XF86Config.

> > I'm running 4.5-RELEASE, XFree86 4.1.0, I'm also attaching my X
> > config file.
> > I have a compar presario 1700T laptop.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Gerardo Amaya