Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 06:27:24 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Groups and Mutt

On 2002-09-28 22:07, Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com> wrote:
> I have been playing around with some other options in mutt and I was
> just wondering this. When you first open mutt you see all your
> e-mails right? Well, I want to know instead of seeing "ALL" of your
> e-mails on one screen can I have like one group for say the
> freebsd-questions mailing list and everything for the mailing list
> is sent to that group and so on.

Sure.  You can hit 'l' (for 'limit') and enter a regexp.  I save all
my incoming mail to ~/Mailbox and customarily type things like the
following in Mutt's index:

	~F
	~N !~T !~s 'commit: '
	~N ~s 'commit: doc/'

to limit the messages that are displayed.  There are lots and lots of
limiting ~X things that you can use; even regular expression matching
in the body of the message:

	~b 'manpage'

will limit the displayed messages to those that contain the word
"manpage" in the message body.  For a detailed listing of all the
possible limiting expressions look in the mutt manual:
/usr/local/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt

Giorgos.