Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:21:32 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incorrect memort amount reported?

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

abram olson wrote:

> I understand that my system actually sees the correct amount of
> physical memory.  However, what I don't understand is why gkrellm
> suddenly began reporting an erroneous amount.  The funniest part is
> that the amount changes after every reboot.
>
> It initially was saying 320M with some amount under 320 free.  Now it
> says 3542M of 320 free ;-) What I really want to know is where gkrellm
> gets its info and why its reporting doesn't work with 4.3-stable.
>
> I depend on gkrellm to keep an eye on the state of my system.

Have you recompiled gkrellm since you recompiled your kernel?  Anything
which gets information out of the kernel (which it sounds like gkrellm
does, though I'm not familiar with it myself) should be recompiled
whenever you recompile your kernel.  In some cases things will still
work if you don't recompile them, but it's safest always to do so
anyway.

cheers,
-ben

--=20