Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:24:56 +0600 (BGT)
From:      M Shariful Anam <shuman@annexgrp.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   booting off the HD/boot manager

Hi,

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 in the 2nd partition of my 3rd HD(2nd
master). I installed the boot manager, but it does not do anything when
booting from HD (1st master). Do I have to install the boot manager on the
1st master? If yes, how?

Currently I am using the setup floppy to boot and enter "2:wd(2,a)kernel"
at the initial prompt to mount the system from HD.  I came up with this
parameter after trying a few combinations.  Can anyone explain the
parameters a bit more elaborately than that one screen help?

Thanks.

---
M Shariful Anam                                <shuman@annexgrp.org>

Annex Group, Bangladesh                            We hack to learn!