Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Jeff Lush <jeff@nerdpower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PicoBSD Network version and NAT

On 21-Oct-99 Jeff Lush wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> More problems. I grabbed the latest picobsd.tgz, unpacked it, checked
> the
> PICOBSD file in net/conf/ for the entries:

Your picobsd.tgz is way old.  Use cvsup to grab
/usr/src/release/picobsd, which contains the stuff that will work.

> options IPFIREWALL
> options IPDIVERT
>
> These entries are already in the PICOBSD script, so I run the ./build
> script, choose net and tell it to go. A few minutes in, I get an
> error and
> the build stops. Here's a snippet of the error:
>
> syscons.o: In function `set_mode':
> syscons.o(.text+0x5805): undefined reference to `vidsw'
> syscons.o(.text+0x583f): undefined reference to `vidsw'
> syscons.o(.text+0x58ca): undefined reference to `vidsw'
> syscons.o(.text+0x5927): undefined reference to `vidsw'
> syscons.o: In function `set_border':
> syscons.o(.text+0x5957): undefined reference to `vidsw'
> syscons.o(.text+0x5a98): more undefined references to `vidsw' follow
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

It wants the "new" sc0 config devices, such as vga0, atkbdc0, etc.
Look in GENERIC to see what that looks like.  You are better off
getting a more up-to-date version of pico via cvsup however.

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/