Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:44:12 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Subject:   Re: VCD (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cd.c)

At 8:20 PM +0000 2001/1/22, Scott Mitchell wrote:

>  Perhaps in Belgium you can only SMS people on your own network (analogous
>  to only being able to email people who use the same ISP as you)?  I agree
>  that would suck.

	That's pretty much the situation we have.  People using real GSMs
can send SMSes to anyone, but any computer using an SMS gateway (for
which they still pay money for each and every SMS sent) can only send
them to others on the same network.

	This makes it pretty much impossible for anyone to send an
automated SMS to a person who is on other carriers (e.g., you want to
have an SMS notification every time you get an e-mail message from a
particular set of addresses, or with a particular keyword in the
subject), unless you have three separate SMS gateway servers.

	What I don't understand is why -- you still pay the same amount
of money, why can't you send automated SMSes to anyone you want?