Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:34:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        AlphaDemon <alpha69demon@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Crystal SoundCard not working

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, AlphaDemon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a Crystal CX4235 soundcard and it is not working on my FreeBSD 4.4
> system,
> Is there any sound configuration tools that I can use to activate it.?
> If I need to recompile my kernel, can I know how to do that.

you need to recompile the kernel. please read the handbook section on
that. you can, if you want, simply load the pcm kernel module with
"kldload pcm". if you opt to recompile the kernel, you'll need to add
"device pcm" at some point. please take a look at the LINT file in
/usr/src/sys/<ARCH>/conf for more information.

> I am still new to this BSD scene.

welcome aboard. here're your horns.

> Your help is appreciated. TQ

-jan