Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 00:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        wc.bulte@chello.nl
Cc:        wc.bulte@chello.nl, ticso@cicely.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for testers for if_dc patches

> For reference the ID reported is:
>
> de0@pci0:3:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00191011 rev=0x11 hdr=0x00

Hm, ok. First of all, I made a mistake in what I told you. The code in
dcphy.c checks the subsystem ID, not the device ID. The device ID is always
the same, since that identifies the 21143 chip, however the subsystem ID
can vary from board to board depending on the manufacturer's whims.
The odd thing is that the subsystem ID here is 0x00000000 (the "card="
value), however that doesn't rule out running our test.

So, go back to dcphy.c and do this:

        case COMPAQ_PRESARIO_ID:
	case 0x00000000:
               /* Example of how to only allow 10Mbps modes. */
               sc->mii_capabilities = BMSR_ANEG|BMSR_10TFDX|BMSR_10THDX;
               break;

Let me know if this has any effect.

-Bill