Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 17:17:08
From:      "george vagner" <kf7nn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel make strangeness

<DIV></DIV>i do this
<DIV></DIV>
<P>cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf</P>
<P>config mykernel</P>
<P>cd ../../compile/mykernel</P>
<P>make depend</P>
<P>cd /usr/src</P>
<P>make buildkernel KERNELCONF=mykernel</P>
<P>I notice its building GENERIC....</P>
<P>I think its because i didnt change the kernel name in mykernel.</P>
<P>i try to install it.</P>
<P>make installkernel KERNEL=mykernel</P>
<P>and it stops saying it cant find some sound files and such</P>
<P>thinking its because the generic kernel dont have sound built in.</P>
<P>so i always end up building my kernel with</P>
<P>make buildkernel KERNEL=mykernel</P>
<P>and it says i need to change to KERNELCONF but it builds the right one now.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>so where am i going wrong here.</P>