Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:31:54 -0400
From:      Asymmetric <all@biosys.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ah-ha!

At 13:44 09/16/2000 +0200, you wrote:

>I dont have any idea what you are talking about really, where did you
>hear that, and what controllers is this about ? I did the last deeds
>on the wd driver too, and there was no such code in there AFAIK....

It was all over usenet around the end of April, begining of May.. I can
find the exact messages and forward if you like.  They may or may not apply
to this, but the same error messages were given.

>There is nothing here that say anything about the controller, but those
>two devices should work just fine under 4.x....

Yeah.. sorry, here, I captured the output on the laptop screen with my
camera and typed it up off the .gif capture.. this is how it boots up...

BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.01
Console: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive A: is disk0
BIOS drive C: is disk1
BIOS 639kB/48128kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
(root@usw4.freebsd.org, Thu Jul 27 02:31:24 GMT 2000)
/kernel text=0x21e97e data=0x2cd90+0x20688

....hit enter, kernel config, all that stuf....

avail memory = 42672128 (41672K bytes)
Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc063e000
Preloaded mfs_root "/mfsroot" at 0xc63e084
Intel Pentium detected, installing workaround for F00F bug
md0: Preloaded image </mfsroot> 2949120 bytes at 0xc036cd98
md1: Malloc disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
pcib0: <SiS 85c501> on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
isab0 <SiS 85c503 PCI-ISA bridge> at device 1.0 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0
atapci0: (Generic PCI ATA controller) port 0x3f4-0x3f7, 0x374-0x377,
0x1f4-0x1f7, 0x174-0x177 irq 14 at device 1.1 on pci0
atapci0: Busmastering DMA not supported
panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy
Uptime: 0s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press any key on the console to abort

I'm ccing this to -questions once more to see if maybe anyone has any idea
this time around.. Thanks again.

-------signature file-------
PGP Key Fingerprint:
446B 7718 B219 9F1E 43DD  8E4A 6BE9 D739 CCC5 7FD7

"I don't think [Linux] will be very successful in the long run."
"My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse."
-Ken Thompson, Interview May 1999.

http://www.freebsd.org
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve

http://www.rfnj.org