Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 01:37:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Justin Seger <shorty@iii.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card for ISA-based FreeBSD Machine

On Wed, 27 Dec 1995, Justin Seger wrote:

> I have a FreeBSD machine that will be routing IP packets from the internet to a
> LAN of Macs and Windows '95 based machines.  What network card would you
> recommend?  Thanks in advance,

You can get a good card for not a lot of dough.  and you don't
necessarily have to go with 3Com or the big boys.  I must say I'm quite
happy with my Linksys NE2000 card.  Very cheap (it was $49 at CompUSA),
good performance, 16-bit ISA (of course), and works beautifully under
FreeBSD and Linux, as well as Win95 and WFW3.11.

The Maxtech NE2000 card is $10 cheaper (at $39 CompUSA) and is also a
good performer.  We have it running in another machine here, that mainly
runs Win95 but also can be found running FreeBSD every now and then.)

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **