Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:11:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        lsica1@home.com (Lawrence Sica)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey), bri@sonicboom.org (Brian), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dell inspiron 3500

Lawrence Sica babbled:
> Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 18:13:36 -0700

> Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > On Friday, 30 June 2000 at 12:16:53 -0700, Brian wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone tried bsd or linux with the above laptop.
> >
> > (reference: Dell Inspiron 3500).
> >
> > I'm sure they have.  I'm using a 7500, and so are a number of other
> > people.
> >
> >> If you were successful, which versions?
> >
> > Of the 3500?  Is there more than version?
>
> im using a 3000 with much success

The 3000 isn't very closely related to the 3500, in spite of having been
produced in the same factory.  It's also not very closely related to the
7500.  Success with one does not guarantee success with another.  Sorry.

The only closely related models in the Inspiron line are the 3000/3200
and the 7000/7500.  The 3700 isn't even designed or built on the same
side of the world as the rest, but is instead related to some of the
Latitude CP series (CPt, CPx).  Sorry if that's a bit confusing.

--
Jerry Dunham                    FreeBSD            http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net              jerry@dunham.org           (512)335-0674 (H)

                            E Pluribus Unix