Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:33:02 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Kulraj Gurm <kulraj@bosa.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to 4.3 - Apache now gives strange errors

* Kulraj Gurm <kulraj@bosa.ca> [010426 23:48]:

> Our configuration is :
> Apache 1.3.19
> mod_ssl 2.8.2
> openssl 0.9.6a
> php 4.04pl1

> when browsing certain virtual hosts there is no problem, others bring up a
> windows titled "File Download"
> hard to explain but please take a look : http://www.intech-eng.com
> however http://www.cavio.com (on the same box) works great?

Apache doesn't know it's supposed to parse that file as a PHP script.
Actually the file it sent me is a straight .htm file, so it's even
more confused than that.
I'd guess your MIME types are screwed, or you have some kind of override set
up for that directory that tells apache everything in there is a PHP
script. But even then I'd expect is to try to process it, then send the browser
HTML. Weird. I don't use PHP so I'm not aware of any issues.

Oddest thing I've seen since I screwed my httpd.conf and persuaded Apache
that GIFs were CGi scripts, and it should try t oexecute thme whenever possible.

> This leads me to conclude that the problem must be within httpd.conf
> however the virtual host section of domains that work and ones that don't
> looks identical.

Do obth sites use PHP? If not, I'd blame the PHP config (php.ini?)

--
This fortune is inoperative.  Please try another.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::