Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:28:30 +0100
From:      "Bri" <brian@ukip.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem: unregistered isr number 18

Hi I'm using dhclient to obtain an ip address off my ISP and I sometimes get
the message swi_net unregistered isr number 18 but this is a kernel message
and it only seems to happen as a result of running dhclient -cf
/etc/dhclient.conf -lf /var/db/dhclient.leases hme0

I don't know what the message means but normally if it doesn't show that
continuing message I recieve_packet failed invalid argument on hme0.

I'm also not sure what thats referering to but I know that doesn't seem to
affect the operation of dhclient because I know this from testing it on my
laptop with another dhcp server and ip's detect fine..

the only thing is, is I can't seem to obtain an ip from my ISP when a
Windows machine detects it almost instantly and I'm not sure why.

my sparc64 kernel is compiled with

options IPDIVERT
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

which are quite standard options.

I have had it detect an ip once but only once and I must of left it
detecting one for like 12hrs which isn't good.

a cry for help

Bri,