Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:40:21 +0100
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Cc:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problem with su

Jez Hancock wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 07:41:53PM +0200, Eric Yellin wrote:
>
>>When I "su -m" and login as root, all I get in the prompt is a % sign. My
>>normal user shell is tcsh and the prompt looks like this:
>>[eric@www4]/home/eric(29): but this is not kept when I su -m.
>>How can I change this?
>

> Have you tried copying ~eric/.cshrc to ~root/.cshrc?

Why should you want to do that? Why not build a root specific
environment setting? Or if you actually want to do it, don't forget to
look at the files before you copy them, and insert the root options back
in. (i mean that the root .cshrc might have other options than your
$user .cshrc file, and you perhaps want to keep some settings which are
in the root .cshrc)

Cheers

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder