Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:12:20 -0400
From:      "MC Irani" <mirani@annapolis.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Guess I have to go now.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCC740.0361B2A0

 TO Free BSD,

I installed Free BSD on my Pacard Bell Platinum 2220 MMX computer and =
have been able to configure and use the operatiing system but I have not =
been able to break out of my isolation, apparently because FreeBSD wont =
talk to the

Sound III336 modem that came with the machine.  I have experience with =
early versions of UNIX (dating from the SUN II work-station using 4MEG =
of ram in 1987) but this is my first attempt at running BSD on a home =
PC.  Since I have other projects pending I am about to free up my 2.1G D =
disk and let Windows 95 take it over.  I guess I'll continue to work =
under Bill's donimance until I can extract some $ out of the home budget =
for a FreeBSD compatible modem ---unless someone out there has an idea =
of what I may be doing wrong/not doing right etc. =20

It was a nice start at having a professional environment to work with =
from home but I guess I'll have to stick with the shrink-wrapped stuff =
for the time being.

Nice system!  Congratulations!

-Fred Irani

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCC740.0361B2A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;TO Free =
BSD,</FONT></P>
<P>I installed Free BSD on my Pacard Bell Platinum 2220 MMX computer and =
have=20
been able to configure and use the operatiing system but I have not been =
able to=20
<FONT>break out of my isolation, apparently because FreeBSD wont talk to =

the</FONT></P>
<P><FONT></FONT><FONT><FONT>Sound III336 modem that came with the =
machine.&nbsp;=20
I have experience with early versions </FONT></FONT><FONT><FONT>of UNIX =
(dating=20
from the SUN II work-station using 4MEG of ram=20
</FONT></FONT><FONT><FONT><FONT>in 1987) but this is my first attempt at =
running=20
BSD on a home PC.&nbsp; Since I have other projects pending I am about =
to free=20
up my 2.1G D disk and let Windows 95 take it over.&nbsp; I guess I'll =
continue=20
to work under Bill's donimance until I can extract some $ out of the =
home budget=20
for a FreeBSD compatible modem ---unless someone out there has an idea =
of what I=20
may be doing wrong/not doing right =
etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;
<P><FONT><FONT><FONT>It was a nice start at having a professional =
environment to=20
work with from home but I guess I'll have to stick with the =
shrink-wrapped stuff=20
for the time being.</FONT></FONT></FONT>
<P>Nice system!&nbsp; Congratulations!&nbsp;
<P><FONT face=3D"">-Fred Irani</FONT>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCC740.0361B2A0--