Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 19:34:53 +0200
From:      Diego Damo <loveproof@libero.it>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   burncd not found (?)

Hello.
I'm in the process to buy a ATAPI Cd recorded,so i've fetch informations
from the handbook..to have a overview about making the kernel and
burning cd's.
The handbook,at the
says :

"10.8.3. burncd

If you have an ATAPI CD burner, you can use the burncd command to burn
an ISO image onto a CD. burncd is part of the base system, installed as
/usr/sbin/burncd. Usage is very simple, as it
does not have a lot of options:

    # burncd -f cddevice data imagefile.iso fixate

Will burn a copy of imagefile.iso on cddevice. The default device is
/dev/acd0. See burncd(8) for options like setting the write speed,
ejecting the floppy, and writing audio data."

Good. but in my /usr/sbin i *DON'T* have burncd.

bash-2.03$ ls /usr/sbin/b*
/usr/sbin/bad144        /usr/sbin/bootparamd    /usr/sbin/bootptest
/usr/sbin/boot0cfg      /usr/sbin/bootpef       /usr/sbin/btxld

The hanbook says : "part of the base system". Mine is a local DNS
and Fileserver..so it's very strange i can't find the utility. What do
you think about it ?
My system is :

bash-2.03$ uname -a
FreeBSD ManariMou.QuargnentoOnLine 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #7:
Fri May 11 02:11:20 CEST 2001
root@ManariMou.QuargnentoOnLine:/usr/src/sys/compile/QOL  i386

Question : what i can do to use burncd on my system if i cant find it on
my cd's ?

Regards,
Diego