Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:34:33 -0400
From:      Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with pkg-config and porting

Hi,

I am attempting to create a port for dunst
(http://www.knopwob.org/dunst/). It requires xscrnsaver.pc to build.
I've found that it is located in the port x11/libXScrnSaver.  I've
created a Makefile that checks and installs that port, but even after it
successfully installs I still get the following error:

===>   dunst-1.0.0 depends on shared library:
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc - not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc
in /usr/ports/x11/libXScrnSaver
===>   Returning to build of dunst-1.0.0
Error: shared library "/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc" does
not exist
*** [lib-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/roddierod/Projects/Ports/dunst.

I've verified that xscrnsaver.pc does exist in the correct location.

Here is what I have so far for the Makefile:

PORTNAME=       dunst
PORTVERSION=    1.0.0
#PORTREVISION=  1
EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tar.bz2
CATEGORIES=     sysutils
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.knopwob.org/public/dunst-release/

MAINTAINER=     rodperson@rodperson.com
COMMENT=        Lightweight notification deamon

LIB_DEPENDS=    dbus:${PORTSDIR}/devel/dbus \
                freetype:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2 \
                cairo:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/cairo \

/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc:${PORTSDIR}/x11/libXScrnSaver

USE_XORG=       xext xft xinerama
USE_GNOME=      glib20
USE_GMAKE=      yes

NOMANCOMPRESS=  yes
MAN1=           dunst.1

ALL_TARGET=     dunst dunstify dunst.1
INSTALL_TARGET= install

LDFLAGS+=       -O3 -g -Wall -rdynamic -lexecinfo

The entire port that I have so far can be downloaded for here:
    http://www.rodperson.com/DL/dunst.tar.gz

Thanks

--
Rod

"How do u know they didn't run place at they that?"
  -- Herb