Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 01:08:37 +0100
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should jail treat ip-number?

Quoting Ollivier Robert (roberto@keltia.freenix.fr):
> - the larger address space enables one to avoid the NAT abomination,

Actually I like the fact very much that I can put my other
machines behind my NAT gateway and have them not exposed too
much into the public side of the network.  If my gateway host
was just a network media translator (as in ISDN to ethernet
router) and the other machines had real IP's, they would be
easibly addressable from the outside.

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.