Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:24:55 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <deepbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make installkernel KERNEL=MYKERNEL?

Hi,

I'm a little confused by the instructions in chapter 9 of the handbook
on the "new" way to make/install a new kernel:

Note: In FreeBSD 4.2 and older you must replace KERNCONF= with KERNEL=.
4.2-STABLE that was fetched after
     Feb 2nd, 2001 does recognize KERNCONF=.

In the previous example in the explanation, the custom kernel is called
MYKERNEL, but in the note is it called 4.2-STABLE?  or can it be called
MYKERNEL?  The note seems a little ambiguous for someone who doesn't
know explicitly what the note is saying beforehand.  I think it means

make installkernel KERNEL=MYKERNEL

but am I right?  Is this line correct?

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net