Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:56:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: blockable sleep lock (sleep mutex) with today's -CURRENT

>Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:02:24 -0800 (PST)
>From: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>

>I managed to get a panic on my (SMP) "build machine" on the first reboot
>after building -CURRENT....

Well, the laptop finshed building & booting from (nearly) the same
sources, so I suspect either hardware or an SMP issue -- more likely the
former.

(Machine didn't come out of the panic; said it was rebooting, but then
got:

Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot <--
Rebooting...
cpu_reset called on cpu#1
cpu_reset: Stopping other CPUs
timeout stopping cpus
cpu_reset: Restarting BSP
cpu_reset: Failed to restart BSP

and it remains rather catatonic at this point.

Sorry for the noise,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.