Date:      17 Jun 2001 23:29:59 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't get imap-uw with SSL support working

I currently have impa-uw running over stunnel.  I wanted to compile
SSL support directly into the server, so I did the following:

1. Recompiled and reinstalled cclient port defining WITH_SSL
2. Recompiled and reinstalled imap-uw port likewise, and compiled a
   certificate with "make cert".
3. Stopped stunnels for pop3s and imaps services.
4. Edited /etc/inetd.conf to have:

pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/ipop3d       ipop3d
pop3s   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/ipop3d       ipop3d
imap4   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd        imapd
imaps   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd        imapd

5. kill -1 `pidof inetd`

The certs are in /usr/local/cert:
-rwx------  1 root  wheel  1786 Jun 17 22:02 imapd.pem*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    26 Jun 17 22:02 ipop3d.pem@ -> \
                                                    /usr/local/certs/imapd.pem

But I can't connect either with pop3s or imaps.  I had to rever back
to stunnel'ing.  Any ideas what may be missing in my setup?

I'm seeing the following in /var/log/messages:
Jun 17 22:10:40 soup inetd[27348]: refused connection from \
                                   eddie.cdf.toronto.edu, service imapd (tcp)

Does anyone have imap-uw running with SSL support under FreeBSD?

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin
i=1; while 1, hilb(i); i=i+1; end