Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:20:08 +0200
From:      "Vahe Khachikyan" <vahe@khachikyan.de>
To:        "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD L10N for Armenian language.

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the correct list for such a question... Please
let me know if it is not.

I would like to make a FreeBSD Localization for Armenian.
I've already some small parts ready
like: syscons fonts (8x16 ready, 8x8 is in work , 8x14 coming soon) and
keyboard mapping file.
There are few questions and I will appreciated any kind of  help.

I've found the manual for mklocale, it is an utility for generating LC_CTYPE
files.
There are also a pair  of other files included for each language LC_COLLATE
etc.
I Have no clue what kind of format those files have, and what is the
function of those files.
Any kind of information is welcome.

The next question is where the messages for libc, and other libraries reside
and how should they be localized.

And probably  the last question in this mail :-) where and how should I
submit the things when they are ready.

P.S.
 Please let me know if there is a better mailing list for L10N related
things.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kind regards
--