Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:56:12 -0400
From:      razzle dazzle root beer <marko@Oof.NET>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   accellerated X 5.0 multihead on 3.2-stable with matrox mil G200

Hi all,

I've got an asus XG-DLS dual xeon mainboard with two matrox millenium G200
pci boards with 16 megs of ram each and I'm trying to run Accelerated X v5
on freebsd 3.2-stable.

First, I was wondering if anyone else out there is successfully running
multihead accelX 5 on freebsd 3+.

It seems to initialize both cards, but the secondary one seems out of sync.

Xi Graphics still says they dont support freebsd3, but I have heard rumours
of people sucessfully running it.

Also, even in single monitor more, accelX is extremely slow compared to Xfree,
so much that it is practically useless. I suppose I could install freebsd2.2
but I'd give up the second Xeon processor then. :(

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marko