Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2008 23:44:39 HST
From:      osp@aloha.com
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken Mouse Pointer

Today I did another portsnap and ran portupgrade on everything listed by
pkg_version, with no change.

About this not being a Gnome issue, when I log into a Failsafe Terminal
session I see a similar effect. The xterm window shows a cursor, but no
text. When I type a command like ls I see a band of black speckles spread
clear across the screen, in line with where the rows of text should appear.
So, the symptoms are different than in Gnome proper, but close enough. My
question is, how much of Gnome is still in play in Failsafe Terminal mode?
At that point am I really just running plain old X? That's what it looks
like. Can I conclude that this is not a Gnome issue?

BTW, aloha from Hawaii, where it is a sunny 75F.

Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/
http://e9erust.blogspot.com/